Let's Go To The Movies! | Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Review

Welcome to the next stop on Magical Blogorail Orange. Today we are reviewing the value resorts at Walt Disney World.


Growing up in a family of six, we needed at least two hotel rooms, so All Star Sports and Music grew to be my Disney home away from home. Now that I'm the adult, I'll be the first to admit that I'd much rather enjoy more time on my vacation at a value resort than less days at a deluxe resort. Not that I wouldn't upgrade to concierge if it's in the budget, of course!


Disney Value Resorts Review
Let's Go to the Movies!
On my girls trip last year and on the adventures of the three mousekateers, I grew to love the All Star Movies Resort as well! Known for their over the top imaginative décor, each set of buildings features multistory icons from either The Mighty Ducks, The Love Bug, 101 Dalmatians, Fantasia or Toy Story.
Like so:
Back again
Do you miss the Sorcerer's Hat at Hollywood Studios?
Swing by All Star Movies!
Magical?
Definitely full of tons of pixie dust. Three story high tin soldiers, Dalmatians and primary colors are a childs' dreamy perfect resort.
Subtle?
Not a chance.


Disney Value Resort Pool
Fantasia Pool enjoys some after hours swimmers.
The Fantasia Pool hosts pool deck dance parties, trivia contests and party games most afternoons, while some evenings feature video games and others movie nights. For times, days and a movie schedule, check the month's Resort Recreation Activities Guide at check-in. My kids loved the games and contests during the afternoon. When they tired of pool games (or got too cold to swim any longer) we headed over to enjoy the playground.
It was a nice little playground, but we got more mileage out of wandering over to Toy Story and climbing on the RC car and around the humongous blocks and toys.


Value Resort Areas
Donald and Daisy a la Fantasia 2000.
Around each of the themed areas are lovely little themed nooks and details from the webbed foot prints leading up to the reunion from Pomp and Circumstance or the snowflakes in the blue tinged "ice rink" of the Mighty Duck pool deck.

Disney Value Resort
Plenty of pixie dust for my kiddos.
The rooms themselves snugly accommodate up to four people in rooms with two double beds and an additional baby under age 3 in a crib. Despite the snug sleeping arrangements, generous space is allotted for closets, peg space for hanging jackets and a dresser with nooks, crannies and shelves. With around 260 square feet, these rooms feel downright roomy compared to the itty bitty living space provided by the interior staterooms on the Disney Cruise Line, but are lacking a bit in personal space.

Final Scores:
For my kids this resort gets five Mickey towels out of five. They loved the magic, the oversized characters, collecting transportation cards from the bus drivers, poolside dance parties and pizza delivery.
For me the All Star Movies resort earned four Mickey Towels out of five. It provided far more pixie dust than I'd expect in a "Value" resort. I have to ding it for the combination of double beds and lack of cots. My daughter and I sharing a double results in lots of cuddles but also tons of middle of the night kicks. The option to request a cot (when you are within the number of acceptable occupants) would be nice.
For my husband, the All Star Movies resort earned zero Mickey towels out of five. He chose to stay home and reserve his vacation time for later this year. As Ben put it, "I need to save some vacation for the Moms Panel training for you."

Faith, trust and pixie dust, y'all!


Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Orange | Walt Disney World Value Resort Reviews Loop:

Comments

  1. I was looking forward to the movie night but my choice didn't get picked BUT the real kicker was that no one stuck around for the one that got picked! Sheesh! Otherwise, ASM was very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer. It was a bit chilly the nights we were there, so we snuggled up inside and watched Star Wars Rebels on the TV instead.

      Delete
  2. We stayed in the Toy Story section and my kids loved it. Now that our family size has grown one of our favorites is Art of Animation. It's a bit more than a regular value but you get a lot for the price in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Toy Story section is amazing! We ended up in Fantasia right by the ballerinas and Kylee was SUPER excited!

      Delete
  3. Great review of All-Star Movies. It looks like a fun resort and it looks like, McKenna, even found some room to stretch out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Kylee's American Girl Doll and Duffy had plenty of space.

      Delete
  4. I love All-Star Movies! The Fantasia pool is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. Have you ever been up early enough to see the ducks swimming in it? We caught them going for a little after hours swim a few mornings.

      Delete
  5. Each Disney movie's plot and characters are specifically designed to impart an important value to the audience. I liked let it go. From classics to modern movies, children could gain a lasting lesson from these movies which they will carry with them to adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only spent one night at All-Star Movies but I'm a bit of a movie geek so I loved the theming. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've walked around the grounds of all-star movies, but I think next time I stay at an all-star, it's on the list! I love movies, so this is my favorite of the hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely not subtle, but for kids, the larger than life icons are amazing! I too hate double beds though. Two adults do not comfortably fit if they weigh over 150 lbs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies