Foodie Friday: Sweet, Tart and Sadly Fleeting

Welcome Foodie Friday Blog Hoppers!

I have one clear favorite snack when I go Walt Disney World and based on this poll released on Disney's pinterest page, I'm not exactly alone. Beating out that Disneyland favorite, churros, and the iconic Mickey Bar, this is the one dessert at Walt Disney World that I really, really miss when I'm on a Disney Cruise. As in, the absence of this snack regularly makes my comment cards.

Ah, the humble Dole Whip Float
Location: Aloha Isle, Adventureland, Magic Kingdom
Cost: $4.99/Dole Whip Float or $3.79 for traditional Dole Whip

Is it a nearly perfect snack for indulging and cooling you off or is it breakfast? I mean pineapple is a fruit and fruits are a part of this balanced breakfast, right? Now if you really want to take it over the top, just order a nice Dole Whip Float and you are in business!


 "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
Photo Courtesy of Kuleen from The Disney Kids.
And now, for a haiku:

Frozen, Let it Go,
Sweet tart and sadly fleeting.
Dole Whip Float Adieu.

Ahem.
In May, I was forced to take one of my dear friends who had unfortunately made it to her mid-thirties without experiencing the magic of Walt Disney World on a girls trip. Thankfully, due to Flower Food and Garden Festival, my beloved Dole Whip (masquesrading under the alias of the Pineapple Soft-Serve) could serve as both an extremely late breakfast and a midafternoon snack on both an Epcot day and a Magic Kingdom day. Yes, I had four Dole Whips (one as a float) in two days.
Two days during which I took about four hundred photo but not a single photo of a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float.
See when they hand me a Dole Whip, I become about five years old and immediately begin ingesting it. (One time they forgot to hand me a spoon; it was tragical.) I love Dole Whips. About half way through the cup, I begin to develop brain freeze and thus pause long enough to remember I was supposed to take a picture. but by then it is a sad half eaten thing not worth taking a picture. But still yummy, so it's not that sad.
Thankfully, Kuleen of The Disney Kids is far wiser and less impulsive than I and agreed to let me use her photo. (Thanks Kuleen!)
For you health or allergy peeps out there, it should come as a comfort that the Dole Whip is billed as  Vegan, Cholesterol Free, Fat Free, Gluten Free, and Lactose Free (but probably contains pineapple).


Comments

  1. The Dole Whip Float is my favorite Disney treat too. It's not a trip without one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies