Three Things Thursday ~ Pinteresting

Here's one of my new favorite blog hops today:
Three Things Thursday!


http://heidi-strawser.com/category/three-things-thursday/

(Be sure to link up on her blog!)
Since I already have a blog (and three blogs preceding this one) what haven't I already shared?

Once Upon a Time There Was a Princess Who...

1.) Spends part of every morning braiding or twisting or plaiting or combing.


Everyday Elsa
Kylee's requested "Elsa hair"
I find it relaxing.
Kylee picks something off of my Braids and Bows pinterest board and I do my best not to pull her hair too hard. If you're trying to learn to French or Dutch braid, I find practicing on the back of my own head MUCH easier than practicing on my wiggle preschooler.

2.) Never Met a Pin She Didn't Like
 Seriously.
Just check out my pinterest sometime if you doubt me.
I definitely collect a ton of pins. (1,569 pins and counting...)
Do them all loads some?
Maybe.
Maybe not!

3.) First started running because the Inaugural Disney Princess Half Marathon (held in 2009) ran advertisements in all the women's magazines I read while on bed rest with my daughter (due January 2009.) 
My running buddies, back in the day

I impulsively agreed to walk in a 5K before getting pregnant with one of my super fit friends and we ended up jogging and running for most of it, so I figured how hard would it be to start running regularly (I know, hindsight I laugh at myself.)
Fast forward a year. I started training for my first 5K in earnest in early 2010. Almost entirely by running the couch to 5K program (there are pins for running!) during Kylee's naps. Fall 2010 I ran the Castaway Cay 5K while training for our towns annual 5 mile Thanksgiving race. While the humidity of the Bahamas nearly was my undoing, the 5 mile went very well.
My college roommate signed up for her first half marathon, the Austin Half for February 20, 2011. I could already run five miles, why not try a half and throw in some pretty awesome hills? None of us died, although the hill just after mile 11 was insane. 
I kept on running consistently through May 2013 (my first year entering my hometown's half marathon) when I became side-lined by my doctor.
Now I am delighted to say I am (slowly) picking it back up. Thank goodness all my running pins are still there to help me know what to do to get back into the swing of things...because I would never be crazy enough to just set out for four miles my first time back in eight months. (Ahem.) I may have hindsight, but I'm still a runner and runners are crazy!

Just in writing this post, I've added a dozen or so pins, mostly Disney.

Comments

  1. I didn't realize you were relatively new to running. I ran a 5K last year and was very proud of myself, but it just isn't something that comes naturally to me. Glad to hear you are on the mend and back to doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four years and three half marathons later...yep, still fairly new!

      Delete
  2. You comment about how you "kept on running" just reminded me of Forrest Gump! LOL Thanks so much for linking up again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies