Tiggerific Tuesday Trivia ~ Birthmarks and Tattoos

Welcome Tiggerific Tuesday Blog Hoppers!

 
Thank you again  to our hosts, Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, My Dreams of Disney, Heidi's Head and Disney Babies Blog.

Did you know that while the Disney Magic was built in two section in the Fincantieri shipyards of Venice, Italy, the Disney Wonder's construction took place in one location?

Due to the two part construction, the Magic features a seam on the outer hull, visible on deck four just forward of Assembly Station I. No worries if your stateroom is on the seam, as many cast members state that this seam is actually the strongest most reinforced segment of the ship.


Starboard birthmark on the Magic.
If you happen to be on the Wonder, however you still will notice a seam in approximately the same location. According to the Art of the Theme Show Tour, the imagineers were so invested in keeping the ships identical during the initial construction, that the Disney Wonder received a "tattoo" of sorts. Despite the fact that the Wonder did not get formed from two halves, she features an identical welding line on deck four.
That's the details that make up Disney!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! I really enjoy all your ship trivia since I've not yet gotten to experience a Disney cruise. This one is just another amazing way that Disney is into the details! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the videos of these two pieces coming together and I still can't believe it. Simply amazing that they could pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh! That's really cool! I did not know that, and I probably would never even notice it if I walked by, lol! Neat how Disney covers even the tiniest details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea the Wonder wasn't built in two halves! That's pretty cool that they still put the seam in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies