Fairytale Photos ~ Let the Kids Take a Shot

I think that the magic of a Disney vacation exists in three wonderful parts: the dreaming of planning, the pixie dust moments during trip itself and the memories you take with you for years to come.
Since I can't live in the Cinderella Castle Suite or even on property year round, pictures help bring a bit of the fairytale back into my everyday life.
In my enthusiastic pursuit of remembering the Magic, I take hundreds of my own pictures every vacation and hope to share a bit of my experience with you.
Sometimes my children love to play along and primp and pose.

Untitled
My Little Princess.
Sometimes they don't.


Untitled
Her #DisneySide. She's a feisty little princess!
Now you can just take a bunch of funky, bug-eyed attitude photos. I personally find them hilarious and as much an accurate portrait of my kiddos as the perfectly fairytale photos. But eventually, the kiddos just don't want to pose.

IMG_1271
The infamous "I'm Bored" face.
I've found that my kids really love seeing themselves while taking photos. When we've reached deadpan "no photos please" level of photos I either put the camera down or I break out the rear facing camera on my iPhone for some kids eye view selfies. This lets them see themselves and enjoy the photography process for a while after the "I'm bored" face.


IMG_1272
Much better.
 
This very much falls under the "take a million photos" category as you will be shooting blind (the screen is facing your kiddos). The resulting happy kids more than makes up for it in my book.
I've even reached the point that my princess will take photos of herself in restaurants after she had exhausted the coloring pages.


“The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.”
~Walt Disney
So get out there, make mistakes, give the kids a shot at it, try a shot that shouldn't work, but might and see what fairytale photos follow you home.

Comments

  1. Great point! My son also likes to be in control of the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies