Foodie Friday ~ Better Than a Mickey Bar

Welcome Foodie Friday Blog Hoppers!

DisneyDayByDay
Better than a what?
Better Than a Mickey Bar
Location: Room Service, Disney Magic
Cost: Included in Cruise Fare

I know, I know. What on earth is better than a Mickey Bar?

Aside from the iconic nature of this snack, which has featured on t-shirts, magnets, pins antenna toppers and even air fresheners, it also is big in the allergy free community. This prepackaged frozen treat is relatively safe for kids without severe allergies.

The bars are (per Disney) free of egg and soy but may contain traces of peanuts, tree nuts, gluten or wheat from possible line contamination. As always, check with Nestle for the latest on allergens in their products.
Now let's make some magic!


Nothing is better than a Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar! Except This.

I'm not going to debate Mickey Bars v. Dole Whips v. Churros.

I'm merely letting you in on a little plus it up action that we on the cruise boards tend to keep on the quiet, but which I think every Disney Fan should try at least once.

This delicious recipe is easiest to achieve on board the Disney Cruise Line, but I'd imagine resourceful people could accomplish the same effect at Walt Disney World or Disneyland.

First order a plate of chocolate chip cookies, for once I will recommend ordering cold cookies rather than warm. You will need at least two per person. Then order Mickey Bars. You will need at least one Mickey per person. Use bread knives, forks, spoons or your fingers to remove your Mickey Bar from it's stick. Smoosh between two nice yummy cookies. Try not to giggle in enjoyment.

Have a mash-up you love?
Please leave a comment below and I'll add it to the list!

Want More easy on deck mash-ups?
I've got a list of the best food ideas I've seen, heard of or experienced on deck at the end of my Hidden Pixie Dust DCL Post here.

Comments

  1. Wow, I have not tried this recipe and it's even an easy one I can follow. We are cruising next summer and I will definitely be trying this. Thanks for sharing and for joining the hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious!! Two things I love - Mickey bars and cookies! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never go wrong with a Mickey Bar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies