A Case of the Mickey Mondays

I really, really am looking forward to my vacation!
My dear husband is out of town for work this week and within an hour of him leaving for the airport, our A/C went out. Just as an FYI for you northerners, it's still in the 90's with late afternoon thunder showers down in my part of Texas, so this is more than just an inconvenience. It got me thinking about the way that I just relax once I'm on board.

Tilts
My Happy Place
How once I arrive everything is easy and the hardest decision I make all week involve whether the kids eat breakfast before or after swimming. Or both. How I don't even need to make my own bed and towels mysteriously appear clean and folded into cute critters nightly. How room service caters to my preschoolers whimsical eating schedule. How much Monday at Disney is a "WHOOP! IT'S MONDAY!" And wondering if I can recapture a bit of that through Mickey-ing up my Mondays.

Tiltshift Mickey Waffle
Mickey Waffle Monday!
I applied for the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search three weeks ago on the Monday they opened for applications. Since then I am by turns certain that I will get through to the next round, certain I won't and oddly peaceful despite dreaming Moms Panel Dreams every night. I think it's because it is a done deal and submitted and at this point either my application stands out among the (probably literally) thousands of other applications they received or it doesn't. I would love to join the Panel and help out other future Castaway Club members but at this point it is out of my hands.

Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust and my Disney Dreams of the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel aside, I'm going to indulge in a little enjoyment of my countdown to my next vacation! When viewed in the light of the 13 weeks and change until my next cruise, waiting the next week or two to find out if I advance in the Moms Panel search should be a snap! Off to go window shopping for cruises between now and then. I think I'll make our paper chain this afternoon.
How do you countdown to your vacations?

Sorry for the rambling, I did not sleep well because the lack of air conditioning kept the kids awake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies