I Have Never-Walt Disney World Edition
This I Have Never was inspired by Melissa Sue, so here's a pixie dust thank you to:
- Melissa Sue's post Never Have I Ever Post she was inspired by Katherine
- Katherine of Food Fitness Fantasy who wrote about those things she's never done at the World on the inspiration of Sarah
- Sarah of Running at Disney had blogged originally about parts of EPCoT that were new to her.
- Please Blog Hop on over and check out their posts too!
Of course, when one attraction closes, another opens somewhere else. As Walt put it "It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." Some of the classics stay, I mean what is a Disney trip without twirling in the Mad Tea Party or braving the Haunted Mansion? But each trip is generally heralded by at least one and often several new attractions.
I pulled out my trusty Touring Plans ultimate attractions list to see what I overlooked.
- Ariel's Grotto- I never seem to get around to visiting Ariel, sadly.
- Frontier Land Shooting Arcade- My parents never liked the pay to play games when I was little, but now that I'm older I kind of see why. I really have no urge to do this except to check it off of my "I Have Never" list.
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid- I really really REALLY want to go on this ride. However our "One Short Day" trip allowed for me to pick ONE of the new rides in Fantasyland. Belle wins out over Ariel, in my book, pun not intended. I must say that Enchanted Tales with Belle gave me chills it was so magical. I don't regret my decision, just wish I'd had enough time for both.
- Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor-I think I would love this and I know my kids would, I will chalk this up to not having enough time in the parks last trip during our "One Short Day" trip this year.
- Stitch's Great Escape- I was terrified of the previous ride in this location "ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter." The reviews I've read of the Stitch "update" to the ride haven't encouraged me to try it out, even though I know it won't be nearly as scary as the old version. One of these days I will face this fear and be able to cross it off my bucket list.
EPCoT (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow)
- Agent P's World Showcase Adventure-What's the sitch? I'm still sad that the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure is gone. On our "next trip" list because Chris and Kylee would LOVE it and I'm slowly warming to the whole Phineas and Ferb generation of cartoons.
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros- I liked El Rio del Tiempo well enough, but this remains on my "haven't gotten around to it" list. If I need to pick between this and Maelstrom, we'll be battling with the Norwegian trolls any day of the week.
- Soarin' - This goes on my I so want to list. Problem being, I love EVERYTHING at EPCOT so this got squeezed out by all the other magical options. Next time, Land Pavilion, next time.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney Junior - Live On Stage! You could not make me go to this. And I had two preschoolers who love Jake and the Neverland Pirates on my last trip. It's just not appealing to seek this out in a park that had so much else to offer. Like re-riding Star Tours II until each of us has been the rebel spy. Honestly, my kids could stay on Star Tours end to end all day and be happy.
- The American Idol Experience-Not my cup of tea.
- Jedi Training Academy- We have watched this, but never made it in time to get on the list. One of these years, we're going to have to hit the park at rope drop specifically for the Jedi Academy. Do or do not. Next time, it's a do.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest-Yep, I've missed one of the coasters. It opened up after our children were born and we have been waiting for my son to be tall enough to tackle the "mountains." I have done the child swap and fastpass, but at this point prefer riding only rides we can all ride together.
- Finding Nemo! The Musical-I would love this, but we skipped this park during our "One Short Day" trip in favor of letting Chris chase his dream of riding Mission:SPACE: Orange Mission. You can't hit everything throughout the four parks in one day, after all.
What attractions have you overlooked by accident? What attractions would you never ever go on? And which ones just get squeezed out by all the other magical options?