Foodie Friday ~ Gorgonzola and Grape Pizza with a Port Wine Reduction Sauce

Welcome Foodie Friday Blog Hoppers!

DisneyDayByDay

Gorgonzola and Grape Pizza with a Port Wine Reduction Sauce
Location: Palo, The Disney Magic
Cost: $20 per person for the brunch plus cruise fare

I know, it sounds weird.  Grape Pizza?  Grapes? Yep, actual red grapes grace the top of this savory, sweet delectation. Ben enjoyed this for the first time on our Thanksgiving 2012 vacation during brunch. (Pizzas are not available at the dinner seating.)

Wow
Ben puts this in a very close second as his favorite food on deck following the Palo Chocolate Soufflé
Ben says that this is an indescribably weird and delicious brunch selection and definitely a must try.  For what it's worth, he's ordered it twice since then eschewing sampling the rest of the brunch offerings in favor of this oddly topped, perfectly crisp crusted pie. If you aren't willing to commit to a whole pizza worth of grapes, they allow you to order half each of two types of pizza. Being vegan, I'll be sticking to my own favorites. If you have the guts I highly recommend that you try this (and brunch) on your next cruise.
Is your vacation countdown chain still stretching halfway around the block? 
Sigh. 
Me too.
Thankfully for us, I've found a fellow blogger who has kindly figured out the recipe here.

Have you ever tried the Gorgonzola Grape Pizza?  What did you think of it? Would you ever try it?

Comments

  1. What an interesting combination. I think I'd give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have ever thought to put grapes on a pizza, though I do love ham and pineapple. Sounds like I need to give this a try. Thanks for sharing and for linking to the hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds incredibly weird, but it actually looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is interesting! Not sure if I would be adventurous enough to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a recipe once for a pizza with grapes. I made it, and I think I liked it... haha but it was definitely a little hard to get used to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With our son being old enough for the kids club on our upcoming cruise, i think a Palo brunch will be in order. We may have to try that interesting pizza! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds gross but if it's from Palo it must be delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies