Three Things Thursday | Three Reactions to Round Two

Here's one of my new favorite blog hops today:
Three Things Thursday!


http://heidi-strawser.com/category/three-things-thursday/

(Be sure to link up on her blog!)
Since I already have a blog (and three blogs preceding this one) what haven't I already shared?

Once Upon a Time There Was a Princess Who Hit the Submit Button on Round 2 of the Disney Parks Moms Panel Application and then...
 
1.) Sighed a deep sigh of relief!


And done!
After a long afternoon of editing, homeschooling, and proofreading, Chris ended up with an upset stomach. Rather than wait to see if I also got sick, I ran outside to take advantage of the last bit of daylight and shoot my application video (after cleaning up the floor and taking care of my kiddo, of course).
Once the children were nestled all snug in their beds, I uploaded, copied, and compressed my video. Then I took out my trusty application and prepared to copy it word for word, comma for comma, into the online application.
(No copying and pasting!)
After all the double checking and uploading the video, hitting the submit button felt like a wonderful relief. I finished it to the best of my ability!

2.) Totally Spazzed Out

Did my video upload properly?
Wait.
I didn't remember if I saw the file name listed next to the dot!!!
After several long, grueling seconds, I checked the Moms Panel Search verification page (so useful).


And slowly my breathing returned to a normal rate.

3.) Pulled a Snow White

After all of the love I put into my essays and video, I needed a long nap. I feel so glad to be able to answer sample Moms Panel questions and follow my dreams!

Pixie Dust is real, y'all!

P.S. Did you know I have a pretty strong Southern accent?
In re-watching my application video last night, I became transfixed with my own voice. My mother is from Illinois and we moved all over the country so for most of my childhood, I possessed a very oddly blended accent. Cajun by way of upstate New York with some Valley Girl thrown in for good measure. We moved to Texas around middle school, but I still sounded vaguely blended or Midwestern well through college despite liberal addition of y'all and fixin' to my vocabulary.
Sometime in the last year, I replaced my native melting pot tones with a strong southern accent. The funny part is in my head I still sound Midwestern. :)
P.P.S. I will not be choosing to share my application video at this time. I love it and may choose to share it later, but as applications are still open until Monday, I would prefer to keep it in the family for the time being.

P.P.P.S. You're still reading?
Wow.
Impressive diligence on your part!
When I earn a spot on the panel (determinism, y'all!), I promise to post the whole embarrassing back log of old application videos. Honestly, I apply mostly because I love to help people and to write, so the videos are very homemade.

Comments

  1. Loved reading this! Hope you get on the panel! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like stressful fun (if there is such a thing!) I'd love to see your busy. I bet it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I did! I'm in round three and my interview is tomorrow morning!

      Delete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies