Three Things Tuesday ~ Three Reasons Mom is The Best

Here's one of my new favorite blog hops today:
Three Things Thursday Tuesday!


http://heidi-strawser.com/category/three-things-thursday/

(Be sure to link up on her blog! I'd wait until Thursday, however...)
Since I already have a blog (and three blogs preceding this one) what haven't I already shared?

Once Upon a Time There Was a Mom Who was the Best Because...

1.) She Showed me the World
As the oldest of four children, I'm sure it would have been easier for us to stay at home or vacation somewhere slightly mellower. Instead she launched us into a world where dreams, fantasy and reality mixed and melded into memories.

Tiltshift Fun
Living in a world that is larger than life.

As I grew up she made sure that I not only loved Walt Disney World and Disneyland, but the Painted Desert, Paris and all points in between. Realizing how very small we each are in the grand scheme of things is really inspiring.

2.) Always Encouraged me to Believe in My Dreams.
Even those times I told my kindergarten teacher I wanted to grow up to be a fairy princess, my mom always said it was a possibility. She encouraged me to write, imagine and go find something to do. Not that I didn't spend large amounts of my formative years trying to rescue Zelda from the clutches of Ganondorf and the powers of darkness, but that I also got kicked out to the park to fend for myself on a semi-regular basis.

Being a fairy princess? Well....


I'm on the right.

Thankfully, through theatre and Shakespeare, even that far flung dream eventually came true; as for my dreams of being a Disney Parks Moms Panel member, that's still in the works.

3.) Just Keeps Swimming
Like Dori, my mom had a lot of parts of life that just didn't make sense, weren't fair and were hard to deal with but she just kept moving forward.

Epic Pouty Lip Over Pool Closure
I thank my mom for handing down that spirit of resilience and stubborn tenacity in the face of the occasionally ridiculousness of life.

I hope to be able to pass on all three to my own children!

Happy Early Mother's Day!

Comments

  1. Awesome tribute to your mom this week! Don't forget to link up on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies