Three Things Thursday ~ In Summer!!!

Here's one of my new favorite blog hops today:
Three Things Thursday!


http://heidi-strawser.com/category/three-things-thursday/

(Be sure to link up on her blog!)
Since I already have a blog (and three blogs preceding this one) what haven't I already shared?

Once Upon a Time There Was a Princess Who Loved Summer, Even Though She...

1.) Sunburns indoors on a cloudy day.
Therefore sunscreen is essential year round, but especially in summer. It makes me very thankful that our YMCA features an indoor pool and the waterpark boasts a nice wide covered porch area in front of the main pool.

The Royal Treatment

My kids are used to sunscreen every day and extra on swim days.
Shade is my friend.

2.) Only recently discovered sunglasses.

IMG_0476

I know, you're wondering why one would need to discover sunglasses. I never really had a pair growing up so when I got a pair a few years ago it was kind of a revelation.

3.) Lives in Texas but still mostly wore jeans outdoors during the summer.
I blame this on attending a variety of summer camps as a teen where we wore jeans despite 90+ temperatures because of the horseback riding program or the risk of ticks at the dig site. When I started college, the weather for the entire first month of classes had heat indexes over 100. Inside the classrooms wear a comfortable 65 degrees. I wore jeans as to not freeze to death. I still wear them virtually year round.

Us, jeans. Guy in the background with his kids, shorts.
In fairness, this photo is from January in 2004.
I now make an exception for Walt Disney World and any time I will be spending hours outside in humidity.
Yes, I wear them on port days in the Caribbean and the Bahamas, but sea days, I'm usually all about the jeans.

Comments

  1. Great list this week. I burn now too - used to tan as a child/teen, but not anymore. I love sunglasses, but when I went from contacts back to glasses, I couldn't wear them - 'til I discovered prescription sunglasses - what a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I am much more sunscreen conscious now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies