The Royal Treatment ~ R is for Running Around in Circles

After an early wakeup call to help settle Kylee (who had missed a rung on her way out of her bunk), I tried going back to sleep, unsuccessfully. So I got my running clothes together and decided if I were to wake up I might as well take advantage of it.
Waking up bright (actually it was still dark outside, actually it usually is dark out at 4:30 in the Caribbean) well, early anyway, there was plenty of time to take pictures and go for a run before the day started.


The Royal Treatment
Midship, convenient to everything.

The Royal Treatment
Deck 8 mural

Left my home deck on 8. And took the stairs down to deck five.

The Royal Treatment
Stairwell art. Mickey and Minnie classics!
Down a few floors until I reached the landing on five.

The Royal Treatment
Anchor Inset
In the Art of the Theme Show Tour during our third cruise they told us that an easy way to tell you were on a deck with entertainment is the insets in the carpet show anchors.
Why anchors?
Because entertainment is the anchor of Disney.

The Royal Treatment
All clean and vacuumed for the day.

The main atrium, still lovely and dressed for Christmas.

The Royal Treatment
Christmas in the atrium.
I think Ariel is my favorite of the atrium statues.


The Royal Treatment
Beautiful!

I wandered down to deck four.

The Royal Treatment
Studio Sea

Admired the wreaths for a bit.

The Royal Treatment
Spot the photographer...

Wandered around the other side of deck four.

image2
Walt, Walt, Roy.
Seems like Duck, Duck, Goose for Disney-philes.
And after a few (dozen) more pictures...


The Royal Treatment
Four Forward between Mickey's Mates and Disney Treasure Ketch.
The Royal Treatment
Christmas at Preludes.
The Royal Treatment
Pretty murals.
The Royal Treatment
Port Adventures Desk.

The Royal Treatment
I love the decorations!


The Royal Treatment

So on a hunch that my other favorite hidden Mickey from the Magic also might be missing, I checked out the wall between the elevators.


The Royal Treatment
What? No hidden Mickey?

I took the stairs back up to four.

The Royal Treatment
Donald!

The Royal Treatment
Clarabelle, Pete and Daisy.
Walked past the Future Cruise Desk seating area.

The Royal Treatment
Beautiful Art Nouveau.
Selected a likely looking bench to stretch.

The Royal Treatment
Good enough for me.
And set out for some running.

The Royal Treatment
Running before dawn at sea is a unique experience.
Four forward houses an area where you can see some rather "behind the scenes" type ship equipment.

The Royal Treatment
Mooring lines and such for use when docked.
By the way, the laps heading into the wind seem REALLY long.

The Royal Treatment
Deck four.
This is more properly viewed as a jogging track than a running track. The aft of the deck narrows considerably.

The Royal Treatment
Pretty narrow, actually, for a full out run.
Stretched again, still quite predawn so rather than waiting on deck for sunrise, I double back to our suite to discover that someone else in our FE group is a morning person.

The Royal Treatment
Gifts galore!

And popped inside the room to catch a shower.
Mom was awake in the living room but Ben, Kylee and Chris still slept.
I popped out on deck and visited with Diana for a bit while watching the sun peek up.

dawn
Good Morning!
Sadly, out on deck we both missed the doorbell and Ben stumbled out onto the verandah with mom's coffee from room service.


The Royal Treatment
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.

This is Part 7 of an Ongoing Trip Report "The Royal Treatment" additional sections of this report can be found on the Adventures page.

Comments

  1. I love these pictures! I love all your angles and I cracked up when I spotted your reflection in two of them. I think my favorite is the one of the Christmas tree where you captioned it "I love these decorations." I definitely think I'll be getting up early for some empty ship photo ops on our next cruise. Which we still haven't booked. :( Thank you for the tip about the anchors too. That is good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies