New Year's Resolutions ~ Keep Moving Forward

Not only is this an excellent time of year to look back at all the wonderful memories of the previous year, but to look forward and dream new Disney dreams! I enjoy keeping things fresh and changing up what we do each year.

Girls Only trip to Walt Disney World
So with all the love and talking I do about Disney, finding out that one of my long term friends hasn't been to Disney since early childhood is a major revelation. One that needs lots of coffee and conversation and immediate attention so that we can rectify this tragedy as soon as possible.
Ahem.
So I find myself in the throws of planning my first "Girls Only" weekend at to the Most Magical Place on Earth. Her preschool recollection of her trip involves only one clear memory involving meeting Dreamfinder and Figment at the newly opened Epcot. You could say it's been a while. Since it's been so long, it's a bit like planning an adults only first trip to Walt Disney World. Condensed into two days. Thankfully, her work schedule allows for those two days to be midweek on nights where Main Street Electrical parade is scheduled and Illuminations is offered.
I'm so pixie dusted about the whole trip I can't hardly wait!!!

Cruise Concierge
I've always maintained (and always will maintain) that our family of four loves cruising in interiors and oceanview staterooms. For our tenth anniversary cruise we decided to go all out and cruise in style. I'm grinning like the Cheshire Cat just thinking about the trip.

Finally (Maybe?) 44"
My youngest, princess Kylee is currently 42 and a half inches tall (so long as I measure her first thing in the morning in sneakers). Last trip, she barely cleared forty inches and loved Star Tours and the other "big kid rides" with her brother.


Yes, my four year old loves walking around in high heels. I prefer sneakers. To each their own.
Could this be the year she is tall enough for Space Mountain? Should I pack her heels?
(Kidding! There's no way she could walk all over the parks in those.)
She has until next Thanksgiving to hit a growth spurt, so anything is possible.

Disney Fantasy Very MerryTime Eastern Caribbean
Despite so many cruises on the Magic and Wonder, I've always kept an eye on the (amazing, incredible, breathtaking) Disney Fantasy. The Wonder is my favorite ship.
We'll have to wait and see what I say after I cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Never mind that it will be our first time to cruise the eastern itinerary or see Castaway Cay all dressed up for the holidays. I'm one very happy Castaway right about now.

Disney Parks Moms Panel class of 2015
I wrote and videoed and hoped and dreamed away much of September, all of October and early November with the thrilling Dream of Moms Panel running through it all.
After ten and a half weeks, I got the kindest most encouraging letter to let me know that "Unfortunately, your application was not selected" and I would not be moving on to round three or the panel.

You can either run from it or learn from it. ~ Rafiki

I blogged about my experiences during the application process, mostly here.
Right now I am excited to say several of my #DisneyMP friends did make the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel. Visit them at the Disney Parks Moms Panel for loads of help in planning a magical vacation. I am looking forward to coming back to the application process as an even more well rounded guest next fall. Disney #2015Hopeful reporting for duty!

After all, "If you can dream it, you can do it!"

Although if Gary Buchanan is looking for someone to fill in on the panel at any point, I'd be delighted to jump in!
#justsaying

This post was inspired by this Magical Blogorail Orange loop I caught one Tuesday morning in mid-December. Thank you guys!

What are your Disney Resolutions Plans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies