Five Minutes to Fairytale Photos ~ Seeing Double

I think that the magic of a Disney vacation exists in three wonderful parts: the dreaming of planning, the pixie dust moments during trip itself and the memories you take with you for years to come.

Since I can't live in the Cinderella Castle Suite or even on property year round, pictures help bring a bit of the fairytale back into my everyday life.

In my enthusiastic pursuit of remembering the Magic, I take hundreds thousands of my own pictures every vacation and hope to share a bit of my experience with you.

If you've been paying attention in my trip reports, you'll notice that sometimes my vacation pictures may go a little odd and occasionally leave you seeing double.

Why?
Well, sometime on my first cruise Ben took a picture of me.


Watching clouds
Just watching the ocean
I rather loved the view of the ocean and it was a neat way to remember my first cruise.

Trying to replicate the photo on our second cruise with me at the edge of a panorama shot at the front of the ship we got the brilliant idea to have me run around behind Ben during the shot to see if I could be in the photo twice.

Second cruise.
Basically the photographer starts the pan going from the left to the right. As soon as he clears the subject(s), they run around behind him (leave some space!) as he slowly pans to the right then freeze before he reaches them.

IMG_1079
Third cruise. Little wobble.
The question is if this can keep going, and how many times. The biggest problem so far is that when there is wind on deck, the pans start to get a wobble effect.

IMG_1362
Fourth Cruise. Little Wobble.
IMG_1498
Deck ten. Chris' first attempt at the run around. More wind equals a bigger wobble.
Indoors however...well, we did this last cruise.


IMG_0527
Six?
Oops.
We were trying for five.
This can also be a useful tool if you have a large group of friends trying to take a photo together. Have the photographer hand off the camera to one of the people who've already been panned past and hop into the last bit of the picture. So if you're in a group you can all get into the photo without resorting to the selfie.

“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.”
~Walt Disney
So get out there, make mistakes, get a little of the impossible into a vacation photo, try a shot that shouldn't work, but might and see what fairytale photos follow you home.

Comments

  1. This is absolutely insanely fun! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought it was pretty goofy but also a "low tech" fun way to mess with a photo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies