Couples Only Cruise ~ Let the Magic Begin!

Ben asked me whether I had my wavephone (I did now) and what I'd been up to (wandering around taking pictures.) He smiled, because naturally, what else would I be doing on a great big beautiful ship without the kids to mind?

Safety Again
Lifejackets sadly no longer required.
They made for some pretty awesome accessories.


We wandered around a little more then headed back down to deck two to unpack. It is amazing how much space they give an interior stateroom for storage. I think this is when Ben and I started talking seriously about going on a transatlantic cruise. With luggage for only two, you could easily manage a stateroom even with fourteen days worth of clothing. Would it work for four people for two weeks worth of luggage? Either it would be a squeeze, or we could book two adjoining rooms, or I'd breakdown and do laundry in the middle of the Atlantic. I think this is the moment that the transatlantic cruise transformed from a "maybe" to a definite bucket list item.

At 5PM the mandatory muster (lifeboat drill) began. We checked our Key to the World cards and headed up to the Walt Disney World Theater with the rest of group "A". We gave the castmember our room number and filed into the back left section of the seating. I think it's the same exact section we were seated on during our very first cruise, the only major difference between that muster drill and the drill in 2010 is that life jackets are no longer required.

Immediately after our group dismissed, I headed up to the Vista Spa to indulge in a Fire and Ice Pedicure while Ben wandered off to look for some dolphins. After checking in at the desk, the spa ladies handed me a glass of water and told me I could relax for a minute.

After chilling out for a while, I met the kind quiet voiced lady who would be doing my fire and ice pedicure. She laughed and talked about her kids and generally made me feel like a long lost friend as my feet soaked away in the bubbling mini foot Jacuzzi. I noticed that the ships started moving. Then she suggested she could "do something" to clear up my acne if I would like. I said thank you but no and she dropped it as she set to work on my callouses. After neatening cuticles and evening nail beds, she slathering my legs to the knee in a thick fresh smelling mask, wrapped them in warm towels and left me with my burritoed feet, a stack of magazines and my iPhone.

Around then one of the performers on the entertainment staff arrived to get his hair cut. Listening to the banter between him and the stylist as my feet melted into the towels, I decided to take some pictures of the spa. Unfortunately with the fog, the sunlight disappeared rather early.

Wow
Beautiful, relaxing and serene.
She came back to check on my legs, unwrapped them and wiped the mask off and started up with a hot stone massage and lotions.
My feet and calves felt amazing!
She let me pick out a nail color from a tray. Held it up against my skin and said "you wanted a happy color, right?"

Wow
Definitely a happy color!
YES!
It is so thrilling when someone just gets it. We talked some more then she left me and my toes to dry.

Wow
The beautiful Venetian Murano blown glass birds hanging from the ceiling.
She returned, pronounced my toes dry enough, helped me into some of those little spa plastic sandals and asked if I would be interested in any of several products. I said no.
I tipped on the dotted line and wandered back to the stateroom to let my toes really dry.
Ben arrived back at the room shortly after I did. He saw a load of dolphins while the Magic pulled away from Galveston and out into the Gulf and really loved seeing them jumping in the water.

We both got dressed up a little for the rest of our evening and headed off to check on Chris and Casey and see if they would join us for the show. They were busy unpacking and said they would catch up to us in a bit.

Wow
Now what are they up to?
After a lap around deck four to peek into the behind the scenes porthole (featuring views into the kitchen for Animator's Palate as it prepared for main dining.) We did a little window shopping and then queued for the Walt Disney Theatre's evening offering "All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin." We found some seats quite near the front on the port side and settled in to enjoy the show.

This post is Part Five in an Ongoing Trip Report Couples Only Cruise.
I'm so thankful for my vacations and I figure reviewing them is half the fun!I am going to try to get all of my trip reports from 2013 finished up over the next several weeks so be on the look out for scads of updates! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies