Mommy Needs a Time Out

Sometimes Mommy just needs a little time to herself.

Serenity Bay
No children allowed!

Now when I say something like that, almost every mom around me heartily agrees.

When I tell my friends and acquaintances that I'm finally taking a girls weekend with one of my best friends, they're all thrilled, happy for me and a little jealous. They eagerly ask whether we're doing Sonoma or the Texas hill country. They are super supportive and understanding that everyone needs a little time off from mommy duty. They ask how I talked Ben into it. (Ben is super awesome and supportive in all my endeavors and graciously agreed to let me vacation for myself this trip.) I say that I didn't really need to talk him into it. I'm not sure they really believe me.

Despite that they seem super supportive in my girls weekend away.

Tilts

Until I say where I'm going.

If you are one of my real friends (or read this blog) this will be no surprise; we're going to Walt Disney World!

If you're an acquaintance, you will ask me if I'm going to the Disney World in Florida or California, then launch into a "but that's so unfair to your children" spiel. I smile, nod and thank them for their concern, even if no one else understands why the Happiest Place on Earth is my favorite place with or without my children.

If you need me over the next several days, leave a message with my husband or on my Facebook page, because I'm going to be listening to the birds sing words and the flowers croon while enjoying a Dole Whip, because sometimes, Mommy needs a time out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies