Foodie Friday ~ Citrus, Dark Chocolate, Macadamia Nut Pizza

Welcome Foodie Friday Blog Hoppers!

DisneyDayByDay

Citrus, Dark Chocolate, Macadamia Nut Pizza
Location: Palo, Disney Wonder
Cost: Included with Palo Brunch

The legendary Berry Basil Pizza may need to move over on my favorite foods list or at least scoot over for a tie.
Last cruise, Chef Stephane introduced me to a lovely new dessert.
(Side note: Wait, all of my favorite foods fall under the umbrella of dessert? How did I not notice this?)
The warm, citrus-y, spicy aroma rose off of the plate. Intriguing, layered, complicated, I hesitated  before pulling off a slice. I picked at the pistachios, the candied orange rinds and the peppers sprinkled liberally among the molten chocolate chips.


The Royal Treatment
Surprising!
Separately each topping tasted amazing. I took a few minutes before picking at the macadamia nuts lost it's delicious appeal (and I realized I happened to be in a nice restaurant and wasn't five.) I decided to risk a bite  of the seemingly disjointed toppings.
WOW.
The crisp tender crust, sweetened slightly by a dusting of powdered sugar, lightly salted pistachios and macadamia nuts, fiery, spicy, sharp pepper and bitter chewy candied orange peels and all perfectly proportioned. I must have looked confused, because Ben asked me if I liked it.
I really didn't know.
It still is the most interesting thing I've ever eaten in my life.
And I ate the whole thing before I decided whether I like it. I don't. I love it.

"Creamy, salty-sweet, an oaky nuttiness... You detect that?"
"Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness..." 
~~~Ratatouille

Comments

  1. Wow that looks and sounds very interesting, this would be one that I would have to give a try as I do like all the ingredients. Thanks for joining the hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds heavenly! Love the ingredients...must try it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mixture of flavors and textures sound amazing. Must give this a try, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies