Three Things Thursday ~ Pixie Dust, Grandma, FEs

Here's one of my new favorite blog hops today:
Three Things Thursday!


http://heidi-strawser.com/category/three-things-thursday/

(Be sure to link up on her blog!)
Since I already have a blog (and three blogs preceding this one) what haven't I already shared?

Once Upon a Time...

1.) I get into conversations sharing the Disney Cruise Line pixie dust almost every day. So far I have helped perfect strangers in Barnes and Noble, good friends online and relatives over Facebook this week.

IMG_1608
One Day I will get around to relating the story of the muffin. I promise.
Yesterday's pixie dust encounter involved concerns about seasickness, first time cruise jitters and character dining on the classic ships. I wish her a happy first cruise and hope she finds it magical!

2.) I took my first trip to a Disney Park without either my mother or my father.
In the early 90's my grandmother decided to take full advantage of my family's recent move to California; the first time she visited from Missouri she whisked us off on an adventure.
Grandma Marion babysat us while my mom and dad  went on a cruise, but rather than sticking to school, home and a lot of time watching Disney channel, we hit the road. We drove up to Redwood National Park and stood staring up at the dizzyingly tall immense trees, hiked in Yosemite and wrestled with why Bubblegum Alley is a thing. Listening to my grandmother endlessly read "the Oz books" and then after several days while driving on a highway we caught our first glimpse on Disneyland.
While I can't imagine letting my kids go to Disney and not tagging along, I'm so glad my grandmother took us. That first trip on a perfect midweek October morning involved waking up at a hotel with a view of the Orange Groves, breakfast at Denny's, wandering over to Disneyland a bit after rope drop and slowly discovering the park on our own terms. Although I carry no photos from that trip, I vividly remember the exhilaration of riding the Skyway to Fantasyland, laughing hysterically on the Mad Tea Party as we spun grandma faster and faster, the adventure of venturing to the ocean floor on a Submarine Voyage and falling in love with the Storybook Land Canal boats, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and it's a small world.
I can't tell you where or what we ate or even if we made it to fireworks that evening. What I can say is that I loved Disney from that point on and every trip makes me relive every bit of magic and wonder and awe from that first visit to Disneyland.

3.) Although I love FE groups and the amazing creative and thoughtful gifts, I think I will skip it on our next adults only cruise.

IMG_1252
Fish extender in all it's glory.
If you have never been on a Disney Cruise right about now you're probably wondering a couple things.
Please see my FastPass to History: FE edition below as this turned into a very long post of it's own!
 


Comments

  1. I'm confused about the whole fish extender thing. If I ever do get to go on a Disney Cruise, I'll be picking your brain about that one! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies