Fairytale Photos ~ Right There in Black and White

I think that the magic of a Disney vacation exists in three wonderful parts: the dreaming of planning, the pixie dust moments during trip itself and the memories you take with you for years to come.
Since I can't live in the Cinderella Castle Suite or even on property year round, pictures help bring a bit of the fairytale back into my everyday life.
In my enthusiastic pursuit of remembering the Magic, I take hundreds of my own pictures every vacation and hope to share a bit of my experience with you.
Much like the classic Disney shorts of the forties, sometimes black and white is a good thing.
Basically, in these pictures the idea is to use the contrast to bring out details that are lost in the original color photo.

Wonder Smokestack
The Classic Ships look very old fashioned in black and white. I think I'll print this for over my desk.
After uploading to Flicker, I use Aviary to edit the photos into a black and white view.

IMG_1359
I love how her dress reflection really pops out in the black and white.
The various filters aside, I love the black and white and all the layers of detail it brings out especially in photos of people. It's interesting and very different than other ways of looking at your photos.
Something to think about, anyway.

“Today is a good day to try.”
~Quasimodo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
So get out there, make mistakes, use a black and white filter on your photos, try a shot that shouldn't work, but might and see what fairytale photos follow you home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies